Once a CycleCloud node has been started, the configuration of the node itself is determined by using the software already installed via the image used to start the node, user defined actions specified in cluster-init, or by specifying configuration parameters to the node at launch time. This section describes some of the most commonly used parameters that can be set on nodes to customize their behavior at runtime.
All configuration parameters go inside a [[[configuration]]] section for a node defined in a cluster template.
Configuration attributes in the “cyclecloud” namespace, are general parameters available on any node in a CycleCloud cluster.
- CycleCloud nodes are reconfigured every 20 minutes to ensure they are in the correct state. There are times when you may not want this to be the default behavior such as when you are manually testing and updating the configuration on a node. Setting this value to “false” will make the node configure itself only once. Default: true
- The timezone for a node can be changed by setting this attribute to any valid timezone string, for example “PST” or “EST”. Default: “UTC”
- A list of NTP servers to use. Default: “pool.ntp.org”
- The amount of time in seconds to keep a node “alive” if it has not finished installing/configuring software (LINK TO HEALTHCHECK). Default: 14400 (4 hours).
- Whether or not this node can be “discovered” (searched for) by other nodes started by CycleCloud. Default: “false”.
- The amount of time (in minutes) before a forced shutdown occurs if autoscale cannot scale the node down successfully. Default: 15
- Linux only. Whether or not to enable hyperthreading on the node. Default: “true”
- Linux only. The limits to apply to the node. Domain, type, and item can be specified for any valid value as defined in http://linux.die.net/man/5/limits.conf. Defaults:
|cyclecloud.security.limits.*.hard.nofile = 524288 and
- The username for the shared cluster user which is available on every node in the cluster. Default: “cluster.user”
- The password for the shared cluster user which is available on every node in the cluster. Default: Randomly generated if not specified.
- Click here for more information on NFS exporting and mounting. For more information on volume mounting, click here.
Configuration attributes in the “cycle_server” namespace are available for any node running CycleServer monitoring software.
- The username for the CycleServer administrator account. Default: admin
- The password for the CycleServer administrator account. Example: P@ssw0rd
- The username for a generic (nonadministrator) account. Default: Undefined
- The password for the generic (nonadministrator) account. Default: Undefined
- Set the HTTP port for CycleServer. Default: 8080
- The HTTPS port for CycleServer. Default: 8443
- Enable or disable https support. Default: true
- The port for the AMQP broker packaged with CycleServer. Default: 5672
- The location on the filesystem to install CycleServer. Default: /mnt/cycle_server
- A license string containing a CycleServer license to use. Default: A basic CycleServer license is included if this attribute is not set.
- The size of the CycleServer webserver heap, expressed in megabytes (including “M”). Default: half of the instance’s total memory.
Configuration attributes in the “gridengine” namespace are available to any node running the GridEngine scheduling software.
- The number of slots this node should advertise are available for consumption. Default: The numbers of CPU cores on the node.
- The type of slot the node advertises is available for consumption. Default: “execute”
- Weather or not fully qualified domain names will be ignored during hostname resolving. Default: “true”
- The name for the Grid Engine group. Default: “sgeadmin”
- The id for the Grid Engine group. Default: 546
- The username for the Grid Engine user. Default: “sgeadmin”
- The description for the Grid Engine user. Default: “SGE admin user”
- The home directory for the Grid Engine user. Default: “/shared/home sgeadmin”
- The default shell for the Grid Engine user. Default: “/bin/bash
- The ID for the Grid Engine user. Default: 536
- The group ID for the Grid Engine user. Default: The group ID specified by “gridengine.group.gid”
Configuration attributes in the “htcondor” namespace are available to any node running the HTCondor software stack.
TODO: Document what needs to be included in runlist, or link to using build in templates or something.
Configuration attribute in the “cluster_init” namespace are available to all nodes started by CycleCloud, and are used for customizing how cluster-init operates. For more information on cluster-init, see the CycleCloud User Guide.
- The list of file extensions which will be allowed executed from within the “executables” directory. Default: .sh (Linux), .exe, .bat, .cmd (Windows).
- Whether or not to fail the configuration process if a script error happens when running a cluster-init executable. Default: “true”